The first things people think of when they think of cold snacks are ice cream, popsicles, smoothies, milkhakes… the list goes on. As someone who is trying to make healthier life choices, Outshine Bars are the perfect healthy snack alternative for those hot summer days.
There is more than one way to enjoy an Outshine bar, contrary to what you may think. You can enjoy them in a cold beverage or mixed into a tasty smoothie bowl. (P.S. The yogurt bars are delicious too if you want a creamier treat!)
Enjoy a cold sparking wine poured over a fruit bar. Any bellini fans out there? Well, think of this as the easiest bellini out there. Just put the fruit bar of your choice in a glass and pour some cold sparkling wine over the top for the perfect, easy summer drink.
- Peach Bar + Moscato
- Peach Bar or Tangerine + Pink Moscato
- Peach Bar or Strawberry Bar + Champagne
Use a fruit bar in a morning smoothie. I always add frozen fruit to my smoothies, so this bar makes the perfect replacement if I’m running low! I recently added a peach bar to a smoothie with kale and Zevia ginger ale and it was so refreshing and the perfect way to start my day!
- Peach Bar, Kale, Diet/Naturally Sweetened Ginger Ale
- Strawberry Bar, Coconut Bar, Coconut water, Almond milk, spinach
- Pomegranite Bar, Frozen Strawberries, greek yogurt, almond milk
Pour juice over a fruit bar for an added twist. Even if you want a little more flavor in a simple juice, just pour it over a bar! I poured some coconut water over a lime bar, but you could also mix orange juice with a peach bar – the options are endless!
- Mango Bar + Orange Juice
- Pineapple Bar + Coconut Water
- Strawberry Bar + Orange Juice
- Diet Sprite + Any Flavor!
Dip a bar in cereal, granola, or coconut flakes for an added crunch. I loved trying the lime bar dipped in toasted coconut flakes for a bit more of a key lime flavor. Try dipping the mango in chili lime seasoning for a bit of a Latin kick!
- Mango Bar + Lime Zest + Chili Powder
- Lime or Coconut Bar + Lime Zest + Coconut Flakes (Optional: add tequila and blend together!)