This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CrabfestSummer #Crabfest #CollectiveBias
I’m the kinda person that celebrates everything – literally everything. I cleaned my room. Let’s Celebrate. I finished my homework. Celebrate. You get the picture. I guess I just feel like there’s always a reason to be celebrating. So, to celebrate the end of the week, Tanner and I headed over to Red Lobster to enjoy their summer Crabfest. If you like cheesy biscuits and seafood (and who doesn’t?) you definitely don’t want to miss celebrating with Red Lobster.
Ya’ ever just been really impressed with a place? Well, Tanner and I went to the Tucson Location on Broadway by Park Place Mall without a reservation. When we saw the line out front, we even debated going back another day! Well, they gave us a 30-40 minute estimate, so we sat down at the bar, ordered two drinks, and chatted it up with the couple sitting next to us! Even though we were completely enjoying ourselves, we were pleasantly surprised when they called our name in under 15 minutes. Wow. That is good management right there.
We had the pleasure of having Kimberly as our server and she did a great job! Shout-out to her for great service and attempting to dodge all my food photos! The effort is much appreciated.
Can I just throw it in there how much I seriously love Red Lobster’s cheesy biscuits? I think I could make an entire meal out of those biscuits alone.
What I ordered:
I ordered the King Crab Legs Special and man, I really struggled finishing the entire thing! It was huge! Personally, I love squeezing lemon over my crab and then dipping the crab in a bit of butter. It’s my favorite way to eat crab and I highly recommend.
I ordered the grilled zucchini as a side (trying to get those vegetables in), but I ended up finishing the lobster mashed potatoes and getting full before I got to them… oops. The mashed potatoes are one of my favorite sides – I’ve gotten them twice and loved them both times.
What Tanner ordered:
Tanner ordered the Crab Linguini and, if I had the appetite for it, I would have eaten both! The garlic in the sauce was absolutely delicious and paired with the crab perfectly.
In honor of Crabfest, Red Lobster is introducing new dishes to the menu, including:
- NEW! Dueling Crab Legs™– a pairing of Snow and sweet Pacific Northwest Dungeness crab legs and served with a full ear of fresh Chesapeake corn
- NEW! Crab Cakes and Crab-Oscar Salmon – featuring shrimp-topped crab cakes and wood-grilled fresh Atlantic salmon with a crab-hollandaise topping
- Crab Lover’s Dream®, featuring wild-caught North American Snow crab legs and king crab legs and paired with Red Lobster’s signature crab linguini Alfredo
- NEW! Crabfest® Ultimate Surf & Turf – perfect for those who like a bit of land and sea, this meal has shrimp-topped crab cakes and wood-grilled sirloin steak with a crab-hollandaise topping, served with mashed potatoes and the choice of side
- NEW! Southern King Crab Leg Dinner – this is what I got! It’s whole Southern King crab legs served with choice of two sides
- NEW! Shrimp-Topped Crab Cake Dinner – two shrimp-topped premium crab cakes with a white-wine and butter sauce, served with rice and choice of side
I wish I could’ve had the appetite to try them all!
In addition to the new crab dishes, Crabfest features a variety of guest-favorite dishes from Red Lobster’s menu, including the popular Crab Linguini Alfredo, Ultimate Feast® and the Wild-Caught Snow Crab Legs.
You can make any Crabfest celebration even more special with an appetizer and drink!
- NEW! Three-Cheese Crab Dip is a creamy blend of crabmeat and three cheeses – cream cheese, mozzarella, and Monterey Jack – served warm with artisan bread. Excuse me? Crab and cheese together? Yes please!
- NEW! Crabfest® Cooler, a tropical blend of Malibu®, Midori, Sour Mix and pineapple with a Blue Curacao Float, served in collective Coastal Crab glassware – which they gave to me to keep!
I got the Crabfest Cooler and it was absolutely delicious! I only had one drink, but it’s one I would definitely get again if I get the chance!
Types of Crab:
This year, on the menu, Red Lobster guests can experience two brand new types of wild-caught crab caught off the coasts of Alaska, Canada and near the coasts of South America: Dungeness and Southern King.
- Dungeness Crab, caught from the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean off the coast of North America, boasts a salty and sweet flavor, with stronger flavors in the claw and leg meat.
- Alaska King Crab, the largest of Alaska’s three crab species, is prized for its leg meat, rich flavor and tender texture.
- Blue Crab, most commonly used for crab cakes, is found along the Atlantic Coast of North America and features a sweet flavor and softer texture.
- North American Snow Crab is known for its trademark large clusters, snowy-white meat and sweet, delicate flavor.
- Southern King Crab, found primarily off the Pacific Coast of South America, features a mild flavor and delicate texture.
The Story of Crabfest:
It all starts at the source – on the boats out at sea searching for and catching the delicious crab that ends up on the plates at Red Lobster. No matter the type of crab – king crab sourced from the icy waters of Alaska, Dungeness crab from the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean, or blue crab from the Atlantic Coast of North America – all Red Lobster’s crab is traceable back to the source. With Red Lobster’s partnership with Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch, we can catch a glimpse of the sea-to-table journey as well! You can see Wild Bill, crabbing expert and sea captain of the Summer Bay, navigate the waters of the Bering Sea, work with experts to inspect the crab caught on the docks, and join a Red Lobster chef in the kitchen to learn how they expertly prepare the Crabfest dishes.
To learn more about the sea-to-table journey of Red Lobster’s Alaskan crab, visit/view: http://cbi.as/9dyzf
Reasons you can celebrate with Crabfest this month:
- A new job or a promotion!
- Month-end or fiscal year end (if you work in the financial industry)
- You made it through the week – no better reason to celebrate than a Friday night!
- You cleaned out your closet and did your laundry!
If you haven’t figured it out yet, you can literally celebrate anything at Crabfest! It’s only here for a limited time, so find something to celebrate and get yo’ butt out the door! You don’t want to miss it!