Disclaimer: The Rootie products was gifted. All opinions are my own.
I can’t tell you how many times in my life that I’ve forgotten to wash my hair before a big event. The amount of times I forget to wash my hair before photoshoots is a little crazy actually. So if you’re like me and forget to wash your hair on occasion – boy, have I got a secret tip for you.
So we all know about dry shampoo right? If you don’t, here you go:
- Spray. I spray a little bit on the oily parts of my hair by the roots (avoiding the crown).
- Blend. I use a boar bristle brush to blend the dry shampoo in my hair. Avoid using your fingers or the oil from your fingers will transfer and you’ll ruin the work from your dry shampoo!
- Volumize. This is where my best secret comes in.
Rootie the Rootlifter is the easiest tool to use and it will make such a big difference on your second day hair. Even though I have a ton of hair, it usually lays flat after a day without a wash. I usually don’t need to volumize my hair, but this makes my second-day hair look like first-day hair.
To get the added volume:
- Set Rootie the Rootlifter to your appropriate temperature. This will depend on your hair type. I usually have to keep it hotter since I have thick hair.
- Clip the very top section of your hair up in a small bun.
- Taking small sections of your dry hair, close Rootie the Rootlifter on the hair like a crimping tool. Do not run the hot tool through your hair. Use this product only on the roots. Hold for a few seconds (I use it for about 3-4) and release.
- After doing a few sections near the crown of your hair, let the rest of your hair down!
Sometimes, my second day hair gets a little dry at the ends, so a little bit of my favorite hair oil (Aveda’s Light Elements Smoothing Fluid) on the ends keeps them feeling perfect!
Shop the Post