I’m Queen of the Carry-on. Ok, maybe it’s a slight exaggeration, but I’ve done enough trips in my lifetime to have this down. I’ve also done enough weekend trips to figure out how to get everything I need for a weekend into one carry-on, which I guess I can show at a different time. For now, these are just the basics that I pretty much take on every single flight.
- My Computer. I really don’t go many places without my laptop anymore. You never know when you might need it, even if you’re not on a work or school related trip.
- Headphones. These are a necessity. The more noise cancelling they are, the better. You can drown out a lot of sounds with some decent headphones and, the obvious use, use them to watch movies and listen to music.
- A Hoodie. Everyone looks at me strange when I take this on a flight to Tucson, but the airplane is cold, ok?
- My Wallet. I pretty much have this with me always.
- Medications. Always keep medications in your carry-on. It becomes very problematic if you need it and they lose your checked luggage.
- A Magazine. I only buy these at the airports for reasons unbeknownst to me. I only read magazines on airplanes, but they’re nice to look at.
- My Kindle. I always keep my kindle stocked with a few books so I always have a lot of options on long-haul flights.
- A Notebook + Pen. I’m a writer and I never know when inspiration might strike.